Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Ver-3.0 compilation in HP_UX-11.11PA-RISC, it throws the following exception that "swt-pi-motif-3062" library not in path

I've just verified that the eclipse 3.0 source build works for me on hpux, built with the line:

build -os hpux -ws motif -arch PA_RISC -bp <locationOfrt.jar>

and then after unzipping the resulting zip file, running with the line:

./eclipse -vm <locationOfJavaExecutable> -vmargs -Dosgi.locking=none -Xmx256M

Please try executing these lines exactly as they're listed, and if it still does not work for you then log a bug report with Platform - SWT.  Thanks.

Grant

Veronika Irvine/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/16/2004 08:57 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Ver-3.0 compilation  in HP_UX-11.11PA-RISC, it throws the following exception that  "swt-pi-motif-3062" library not in path

I think that either there is something wrong in the
eclipse-sourceBuild-srcIncluded-3.0.zip or there is something wrong in the
way that you built it.   Please download the build that is already
compiled and let us know if that worked for you:

http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/R-3.0-200406251208/download.php?dropFile=eclipse-SDK-3.0-hpux-motif.zip

I will build from the source zip using the following instructions and see
if it works for me:

       http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index.php

Note that the build command line should be

       build -os hpux -ws motif -arch PA_RISC

"Usha" <mailto_karkil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/16/2004 02:53 AM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Ver-3.0 compilation  in HP_UX-11.11PA-RISC, it
throws the following exception that  "swt-pi-motif-3062" library not in
path

Hi,

My reply inlined ****

> This error does not make sense to me.  The SWT motif implementation does
> not have a swt-pi library.
>
> Please confirm that the following file exists in your eclipse
> installation:

eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.motif_3.0.1/os/hpux/PA_RISC/libswt-motif-306
2.sl

> Also check that it has executable permissions for you.

**** yes i have got the library  -
plugins/org.eclipse.swt.motif/os/hpux/PA_RISC/libswt-motif-3062.sl and i
could find no problem with executable  permission.

 Did you download
> the HP PA_RISC install from the eclipse web site or did you build it
> yourself?

I compile myself  the source downloaded from
http://eclipse.cis.sinica.edu.tw/downloads/drops/R-3.0-200406251208/download.php?dropFile=eclipse-sourceBuild-srcIncluded-3.0.zip

Any known solutions?? Plz help.
Thanks in advance

> "Usha" <mailto_karkil@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 09/15/2004 12:30 AM
> Please respond to
> eclipse-dev

> <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Ver-3.0 compilation  in HP_UX-11.11PA-RISC, it
> throws the following exception that  "swt-pi-motif-3062" library not in
> path
>

> Dear list,
>
> When i run my  Eclipse Ver-3.0 compilation  in HP_UX-11.11PA-RISC, it
> throws
> the following exception that  "swt-pi-motif-3062" library not in path,
but
> did'nt get this  library  compiled. I don't know if i am missing any
> architrecture specific configurations / . And I compiled with this
option
> :
> ./build -os hpux -ws motif -arch PA_RISC.
>
>  # ./eclipse
>  Unhandled event loop exception
>  Reason:
>  Unhandled Exception
>  Reason:
>  Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> swt-pi-motif-3062 in java.library.path)
>  Unable to execute early startup code for an extension
>  *** SWT nested exception
>  Reason:
>  no swt-pi-motif-3062 in java.library.path
>  And i cant find that particular swt class in my system.
>

> ---

---