RE: [eclipse-dev] 3.1 draft plan comment : Why not separate JDK1.5 eclipse release (soon) ?

You are exactly right. At this stage, only generics and enhanced for loops
are worth filling bug reports.
We should do a better work at surfacing our progress (new & noteworthy).
However, if you feel like
writing tests for the remaining features, these will greatly speed up our
future developments.

             "R.J. Lorimer"
             <rjlorimer@coffee
             -bytes.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [eclipse-dev] 3.1 draft plan
             09/10/2004 02:07          comment : Why not separate JDK1.5
             AM                        eclipse release (soon) ?

             Please respond to
                eclipse-dev

The key to filing reports against 1.5 is to track down what has been worked
on so far by looking at the JDT Core development milestones pages and the
build notes for the integration/milestone builds; that way the bug reports
are legitimate failures and not just noise that has to be filtered by the
JDT Core team. There are lots of 1.5 bugs are filed and fixed every week,
but they are primarily related to generics and enhanced for loops at this
point as detailed here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-core-home/r3.1/m

ain.html#release-plan

I would steer clear of filing bug reports on enums, static imports,
annotations, autoboxing and any other core language changes until progress
is mentioned on them in build notes and possibly even in milestone
new/noteworthy reports.

Cheers,

R.J.