Re: [eclipse-dev] Speed with very large codebases in eclipse

Gary Yang wrote:
The best way I can imagine is to split them to multiple modules.

Very good idea. The only problem is: I don't own the project, so I can't do what I want.

BTW: What exactly do you meen by multiple "modules"?
Multiple eclipse projects?
Multiple jars?
...?

Is there something I can do in my own workspace even though the rest of the team stays the old way?

I had the idea to create a jar with all the classes I don't want to change and include that into my project. Will that speed up eclipse? Or will eclipse still parse all the jars and be as slow as now?

Greetings,
   Malte

Back to the top