Re: [eclipse-dev] Debugger

I Googled (http://www.google.com) for "eclipse debugger" and the first link was:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecbug/

Which looks like a pretty good introduction to the debugger in Eclipse.

Ryan Lowe

On Aug 12, 2004, at 7:34 AM, Malte Finsterwalder wrote:

Sako! wrote:

Hello,
i use eclipse for almost 1 year, i tried to find out some good documentation about the Debugger in Eclipse. what i still didnt find, how to start the debugger to run line by line in my code!
 any can give me a hint?

I don't know if I understand you correclty.
Place a breakpoint wherever you want to start debugging (e.g. first line of your main).
Run the program in the debugger.

Single statement execution:
F5 = step into
F6 = step over