Re: [eclipse-dev] Adding object contributions

Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the newsgroups. Mailing lists at eclipse.org are intended for use by developers actually working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development. The development mailing lists are the way design and implementation issues are discussed and decisions voted on by the committers.

Eclipse Dev Newbie wrote on 05/17/2004 10:49:03 AM:

> I've created a plugin that defines an extension point. Each service added
> to that extension point is to be represented by one or more object
> contributions associated with projects in the workspace. Thus, on
> initialization of the plugin I need to add these contributions based on
> the extensions added to my extension point. Tutorials on contributing
> popup menus show how to do that using plugin.xml, but I suppose in my
> situation I need to do that directly in Java code. Can you give me a hint
> which API calls I need to use?

Back to the top