Re: [eclipse-dev] Deprecations in Runtime

Hmmm, we should consider moving the old (boot) IPlatformRunnable to compatibility.  I can't see a reason not to given that it is deprecated...

Jeff

Nick Edgar/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/28/2004 09:51 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Deprecations in Runtime

Interestingly, both variants of IPlatformRunnable are defined in
org.eclipse.core.runtime.  The RCP browser example's application class was
using org.eclipse.core.boot.IPlatformRunnable, and running fine without
org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.  I've changed it to use
org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPlatformRunnable.

Nick

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/28/2004 03:16 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Deprecations in Runtime

If you don't want compatibility to be loaded, you need to avoid all
deprecated API in boot and runtime. In the case of IPlatformRunnable, the
migration is trivial. The interface was just copied to
org.eclipse.core.runtime.  Move to this new interface and you don't need
the compability plugin.