[eclipse-dev] RE: disable parsing?

Hi, i know this is the wrong forum for the message below...but the problem is i cannot use any news reader from behind our firewall.  is there a web-based version of the newsgroup so that i map post the question below to the appropriate forum?  or if someone could answer here that would be most helpful.
Eclipse is unberably slow since this update...and i would have to think the background activity it is performing below can be disabled...

thx...

From: Singh, Mahendra
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 7:05 PM
To: 'eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: disable parsing?

With the latest build of eclipse, there is a litle yellow status bar in the lower left of the editor (where the perspective sidebar is).  Is there anyway to disable whatever this thing is doing?  I have a feeling it is constantly parsing something...as it seems whenever that is running, the editor is EXTREMELY slow in reacting to my key strokes.

thanks much for any help

Back to the top