[eclipse-dev] Creating a database realm in eclipse with tomcat

I am trying to create a login for a help information center in eclipse. I have managed to create usernames and passwords for users using the web.xml and tomcat-users.xml files.
I want to however create a database of users that eclipse gets these username and passwords from. In stand-alone Tomcat this is done using the server.xml file however Eclipse's version of tomcat does not have this file.

I have been told that you can setup a realm by calling embedded.setrealm(myrealm) in the TomcatAppServer Class and then creating a realm object (myrealm). If this is correct does anybody know the steps i would have to do to implement this or of another way of doing it?

Many Thanks

Andrew Gilpin

Back to the top