[eclipse-dev] Why eclipse run very slowly on linux than it does on windows?

	  I used eclipse 2.1.2 on Windows 2000 professional previously. Recently I moved to RedHat Linux 9 in order to make the developing enviroment more similar with our FreeBSD production server. But, eclipse 2.1.2 linux gtk+ performed very bad on my linux workstation. While it stoped response, the CPU usage of my workstation was not reported very hign. Instead it seemed just ordinary like anytime else. It was just responsed very slow, even what I did is just activate an eclipse window.

	Can anybody tell a way? I love eclipse. But it must perform quickly enough.

Back to the top