Re: [eclipse-dev] hand over system properties ( java -Dx=y ) to eclipse exe?

this newsgroup is for the people developing eclipse (and interested parties) only. eclipse has no control over third-party plugins. you should send this question to the developers of the plugin.

thanks,
alvin

Grabe, Matthias wrote:
Hi,

I am quite new to eclipse. Now I have found a nice plugins (allTheNews) that need connection to the internet. But I tells me that the server I fed it with cant be found. I ve checked that and certainly you can reach the server using a browser. The problem is that it (the plugin) obviously doesnt use the proxy config of IE. As far as I know one can feed the java.exe with some -D properties to know about the proxy. But eclipse uses some kind of convenient starting mechanism. I couldnt find out how to hand over the -D properties.

Well, does anyone know how to cope with that problem. Please help me, cause it is kind of basic knowledge for me and other beginners.

Thx.

matthias