From: Jeff McAffer [mailto:Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:10 PM
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Talking of version

I think you and Pascal are effectively saying the same thing.  The issue we have right now is we inc'd all our version numbers to 3.0.0 from 2.1.x.  According to our advertised versioning semantics, this means the new code is not compatible with 2.1.x.  As the development team is brutally aware, we are in fact largely binary compatible with 2.1.  Some plugins did not change at all!  The fact that we inc'd the version numbers this way is itself a breaking change!

Back to the top