Re: [eclipse-dev] RE: Forums vs. mailing lists - suggestion for update to eclipse site

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:48, Lawrence Mandel wrote:
> I'd like to see the eclipse site changed to reflect the site's visitors.
> Seems to me that the eclipse site has two classes of visitors; 'users' and
> 'developers'. The 'users' should only have access to release downloads of

I agree.  See Mozilla, OpenOffice, NetBeans, or any other mature open
source project.  The main page should be simple and geared toward
end-users and press. In the case of the three projects I mention, they
do this with a "tab" or main navigation option.

Though, I do think there are more than two types of visitors: end users,
plug-in developers, Eclipse developers, and press+media.

Doug.