Re: [eclipse-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20040131 (Timestamp: 200401310010):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

The compile errors in the UI tests were due to a change in the Workbench
code being made without the tests being updated accordingly.
I've fixed up the tests.  However, I would only expect this problem to
account for one test failure, not cause 15 failures.

I'm getting a missing link on the test results at the moment, which is
strange since I was able to see them earlier in the day.  The stack traces
for the other test failures showed NPEs in the UI thread, but the they did
not have enough detail to track the problem down.
The console log does not give any clues for the UI tests either.

In any case, the UI tests now all pass on my Win2000 machine, so I'll hope
for the best for tonight's build.

In the console log, I noticed a couple of other problems:

1. Each test suite is also getting a "checkdir warning: path too long"
when trying to delete the test-eclipse directory.  This doesn't seem to
affect the test results though.

2. The CVS core tests are generating a bunch of BundleException stack
traces (even they seem to have passed) due to it triggering activation of
CVS UI, which accesses the Workbench, which hasn't been initialized yet
since the tests are supposed to run headless.

Nick

eclipse-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/31/2004 03:50 AM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20040131 (Timestamp:
200401310010):Automated JUnit testing complete.  Test failures/errors
occurred.

Build N20040131 (Timestamp: 200401310010):  Automated JUnit testing is
complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_linux.gtk
org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_winxp
org.eclipse.core.tests_winxp
org.eclipse.jdt.debug.tests_winxp
org.eclipse.ui.tests_winxp

HTTP Download:

http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/N-N20040131-200401310010

FTP Download:

                 user: anonymous
                 password: (e-mail address or leave blank)
                 server:  download.eclipse.org
                 cd to directory:  N-N20040131-200401310010

                 or

                 ftp://download.eclipse.org/N-N20040131-200401310010