Re: [eclipse-dev] Run-time Workbench Crashes on Mac OS 10.3.2

I experience a run-time error when starting the Run-time Workbench of Eclipse 2.1.2 on a Mac. I wonder if anyone else experience the same problem.

The problem:

I successfully created a Hello World Plug-in project using the default configuration that comes with "Plug-in Project" wizard. In the Java Perspective, when trying to launch "Run -> Run As -> Run-time Workbench", the system reports the following error message and quits (the runtime-workbench window did not show up):

- ---
Different Workspace Version
This workspace was written with a different version of the product and needs to be updated.
Workspace location: /Application/Eclipse 2.1.2/runtime-workspace

Updating the workspace may make it incompatible with other versions of the product. Press OK to update the workspace and open it. Press Cancel to exit with no changes.
- --
My setup:

Mac OS 10.3.2
Java 1.4.1_01, HotSpot build 1.4.1_01-27, mixed mode
Eclipse 2.1.2

I tried the same procedure on Eclipse 2.1.1 and encountered the exact problem. However, if I switch to Eclipse 3.0M6, the Hello World plug-in run successfully.

Any thoughts? Does it have something to do with the JVM in Mac OS 10.3.2?

We do not recommend Eclipse 2.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 (Panther).
If possible switch to Eclipse 3.0 since we fixed lots of Panther related bugs in the 3.0 stream
(and won't port it back to 2.1.2).

--andre

Back to the top