Re: [eclipse-dev] .keyring moved

How about moving to a new build (which I do at least once a week)? Will I
now have to enter the passwords again each time?
It also means each time when I have to delete the .config directory (e.g.
because I cannot startup after a crash), I will loose my passwords?

Dani

             Pascal Rapicault
             <Pascal_Rapicault
             @ca.ibm.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [eclipse-dev] .keyring moved
             29.01.2004 16:17

             Please respond to
             eclipse-dev@eclip
                  se.org

Hello,

As a consequence of the introduction of the support for running without a
workspace, and also
to allow people to share workspaces without giving away their passwords,
the .keyring file has been
moved to the .config area. Consequently this provide password sharing
across workspaces.

What does this mean to you:
- if you are opening an existing workspace with a new version of eclipse,
you will be prompted for your passwords and a new .keyring file will be
created into your .config area
- in self host mode you will have to re-enter you pwd every time because
the .config area is recreated everytime by PDE.

Note that you can still specify the -keyring option on the command line.

        PaScaL

Back to the top