[eclipse-dev] Gereral Development Setup Question

Hi,

I have a J2EE project and a local copy of Tomcat running. I was editing my project within the webapps directory of tomcat, which worked great until I started using CVS. Now the CVS files and subdirectories are messing with my application a bit. I would like to put my project in another place and push the changes over to tomcat for testing? I tried creating a WAR and selecting webapps as the destination, but that only works the first time. After that you need to manually delete the web application directory manually and restart tomcat.

I there a standard way of setting up a development environment with Eclipse and Tomcat that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rob

Back to the top