[eclipse-dev] Problems with Eclipse working with code that is in clearcase.

I am having major problems integrating with clearcase and eclipse for
java on Win2000.

Do you have a doc. that shows this process?
I have clearcase on 2000, I can see my old view and I can edit code from
a basic text editor.
So, I guess this is setup right!

I have my view mounted on my Z drive.

My source path is:
Z:/srv/java/src
package ------ com/med/ct/
	  -------- img
	 		*.java
	  -------- analysis
			*.java
		 :
		 :

I have tried a few different approaches to get my code into eclipse.

First approach, was to create a project on my desktop hard drive, then
import
the code/ structure from the clearcase mounted directory. (This hangs
eclipse)

Second approach, was to create a project on my desktop hard drive, then
add a folder
to this project, that is linked to the code in the mounted directory,
this approach seems to
lose the file structure and I then have about 3000 compile error, for
wrong package structures
and import paths. Since there are about 4 people working on this code,
it would not be good
to change the import paths and package structure. This is only in my
view , but seems like
a problem when it is time to merge back into the main line.

My current design flow is the basic..... clearcase on UNIX, vim editor,
and compile with clearmake
all on UNIX.

So any design flow doc, would be great, or getting started doc for
importing or linking code together with clearcase.

I have been trying to get this to work for about a week!

Thanks!

Back to the top