Re: [eclipse-dev] I200312151413 not usable?

I tried this and all seemed to work fine until I tried running Eclipse within Eclipse (self-hosting).  I could not get a Java perspective in the 2nd Eclipse.
I was only given the option to create a 'Simple' project when I tried New->Project and if I tried Window->Open Perspective->Other the Java perspective was not listed.

                                                 Deb

Dorian Birsan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/15/2003 03:46 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] I200312151413 not usable?

Just like for the nightly build, you need to drop the config.ini (attached here) into the org.eclipse.update.configurator.
The patch has been released and will be picked up by the next build.

-Dorian

Douglas Pollock/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/15/2003 03:28 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] I200312151413 not usable?

I'm not sure if there's been a warning about this before, but I can't seem
to get the integration build to start-up.  It gets into some kind of
start-up loop.  Killing "eclipse.exe" manually restores the machine to
sanity.  Starting again doesn't help.