[eclipse-dev] new startup code...

We have released some new code for startup.jar into HEAD so it will be showing up in the nightly builds.  Most people will not notice anything different.  For certain (rare) scenarios where you are maintaining your own .config area but updating the startup code, you may have to delete your .config area and restart.  This is not a backwards compatibility issue since the .config area is new for 3.0.  Further, the .config area is typically specific to an install so new build = new install = new .config area.

As a side effect of these changes you will no longer see the splash screen when you start Eclipse.  This is a temporary situation.  The information that allows for the display of the splash has moved and the we had to release our code before the update team could change the way they write that information.  Rest assured that the splash will be back for the M6 builds.

Jeff

Back to the top