Re: [eclipse-dev] source doesn't match class file in 3.0M5

This shouldn't be an issue with broken debug attributes (line map), but
rather could be an issue with PDE and/or source locator issue which gets
confused in between workspace plugins and target platform ones.

You should consider entering a bug about this (tentatively against
JDT/Debug).

                      "Patrick Baker"
                      <pbaker@ca.stilo.c        To:       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      om>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [eclipse-dev] source doesn't match class file in 3.0M5
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      11/26/2003 02:26
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Hi,

I have managed to migrate my plugin from 3.0M4 to 3.0M5, took about 1.5
hours. But I am now experiencing some flakiness. While trying to figure out
what is going on I end up stepping code in org.eclipse.* packages. This
worked fine for me with previous release of Eclipse, but with M5 the source
for the .class files doesn't seem to match the .class files.

For example, I step into
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.views.launch.LaunchView and when actually
executing this line of code (in lookupEditorInput):

  sourceElement = locator.getSourceElement(stackFrame);

the debugger highlights this line:

  editorInput= presentation.getEditorInput(sourceElement);

Is this an error with the M5 release. Is sure makes it harder to figure out
what is going on.

Patrick Baker
Stilo Corporation
pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hail, twin companionship, children of Mars."

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message and any attachments.