Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 12, 2003

eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/13/2003 01:00:20 PM:

> Alvin Thompson writes:
>  > eclipse itself should default to this behavior. what's the point of
>  > writing stuff to the program directory instead of the user directory?
>
> There is none -- that's why I wrote the patch.  Unfortunately, it
> wasn't accepted.

I assume this was long ago, when .config was part of the workspace. Now, .config is either in the product directory, but if the product directory is not writeable, then it will be in the user directory.
Once the work on user preferences/app settings/etc. is done by the platform folks, then update can follow.

Back to the top