RE: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 12, 2003

> Discussion Topics:
>
> >- Using features to provide finer grain upgrade paths for selected
> >components of the SDK? For example, it could make sense to
> have CVS as a
> >separate feature and allow us to release upgrades, major bug fixes,
> >outside the SDK release schedule. Comments?

This looks like a good idea, but pretty much assumes that Update Manager has
a command-line version or that we use something like Maven or Debian's APT
system for managing versioning and dependencies.

I haven't looked at Update Manager in awhile; does anyone know if it can run
headless from the command line?

A lot of other Java-based open-source projects are starting to use Maven for
this; have we looked at it?

Dave

Back to the top