Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 2.1.2 endgame plan: GO for Install/Update

2.1.2 RC1 looks good for the Install/Update component.

-Dorian

Jim des Rivieres/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/15/2003 05:15 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Eclipse 2.1.2 endgame plan

The Eclipse 2.1.2 endgame plan is now posted at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/eclipse-project-home/plans/freeze_plan_2_1_2.html

The 2.1.2 maintenance stream has been quiet in recent weeks, and the
downstream consumers have not been having problems. So there is every
indication that the 2.1.2 integration builds have been of high quality.
Nevertheless, we still need to ensure that there's no collateral damage
from the 48 fixes included since 2.1.1.

The initial release candidate, 2.1.2 RC1, is available for download:

http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/M-2.1.2RC1-200310151400/index.php

Each of the teams needs to perform basic tests to ensure that all
components are functioning correctly. Teams can start their testing any
time, and should send their thumbs up to the eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
developer mailing list by 17:00 EDT Mon. Oct 20 (but serious problems
should be reported to the developer mailing list immediately). Early next
Tuesday we will assess whether RC2 is required.

---jim