Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - August Oct 8, 2003 (component leads: pls read before meeting)

Platform UI status

Outreach:
- Demoing R3.0 features at CASCON this week. Some areas that are capturing
high interest:
  - scalability improvements (roles demo)
  - the improvements in JDT (particularly Ctrl+T to Show Hierarchy and the
Call Hierarchy view)
- Many university research projects are already building on Eclipse, and
others are very interested in investigating Eclipse.
- Some requests:
  - having a GUI builder would make Eclipse an easier sell in certain
companies
  - publish doc in PDF format for 2.1.1 and for other releases, if not
more frequently  (PDFs on doc page were last updated for 1.0!)

M4 status:
- many bugs fixed in the area of key bindings, and the move to the new key
filters hook
- test suite now has regression tests for many of these (some require the
ability to inject real OS events)
- incremental improvements to progress UI
- incremental improvements to roles/activities

RCP stream:
- wizard extension points (new / import / export) pushed back down to the
generic workbench layer
- API improvements to WorkbenchAdvisor, needed to fix up perspective
customization dialog
- implemented web browser example on generic workbench for CASCON demo

Nick

"Philippe P Mulet" <philippe_mulet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/07/2003 04:11 PM