Re: [eclipse-dev] Tool for designing metamodel

Questions like this are best asked on the eclipse.platform newsgroup.
--

"Gagan Tandon" <gagant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/02/2003 07:39 PM
Please respond to eclipse-dev

        To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [eclipse-dev] Tool for designing metamodel

Dear Friends,

We want to develop a tool using Eclipse/EMF framework. The tool's primary
functionalities are:

1) The tool should have a class/sequence diagram like editor in which the
user should be able to draw diagrams using our specific notation based on
UML metamodel.

2) The user should be able to save the diagrams in our notation in an XML
file (which seems very likely since EMF provides this facility)

3) Then while drawing a conventional UML class diagram/sequence diagram in
EMF/Eclipse, user should be able to import our XML file and stamp out a new
model in the editor based on the XML file . This model will be in UML
notation.

Some may have got the idea, that we are trying something on the lines of
domain specific modelling. I want to know, what API/plugin would be useful
for developing this tool. Also what could be a good starting point ?

Thank you

Gagan Tandon

Graduate Student
Computer Science