Re: [eclipse-dev] Workspace location on user home directory for Mac OS X

I agree. A user's home directory is the place to write that user's data by
default. Not the install dir.

There's a similar problem with Install/Update. The installed feature
information is stored in the Eclipse install directory if the directory is
writable, otherwise it's stored in the user's home dir.

I'm pretty sure both of these problem stem from the assumption that a
directory's read/write access has something to do with whether that directory
is shared by multiple users. This just isn't the case.

- Jared