Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.0 stream builds now compiled, tested with JDK 1.4

Just curious.  If a 1.4 VM is required to run as I thought I saw in another post.  Why not just use the 1.4 default settings?  What is the benefit of the 1.2 compatability?  I'd guess assert as an identifier set to "error" might cause problems but the rest of the default settings look like they'd pose no problems.

Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 8:41 AM
Subject: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.0 stream builds now compiled, tested with JDK 1.4

Eclipse 3.0 stream builds are now compiled and tested with a 1.4 level JDK.  Please set your compiler settings in eclipse to the following:

Compiler compliance level:  1.4
Generated .class files compatibility:  1.2
Source compatibility:  1.3
Report 'assert' as identifier:  Warning

Please post questions about these settings to this list.

Thanks,

Sonia

Back to the top