[eclipse-dev] Umlaute in Eclipse

Hi,

not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'll try anyway. We have just begun using Eclipse 2.1/OSX-version. Everything is perfect, except for one thing: We can't get the editor to accept special characters (like German Umlaute: ä, ö, ü) from the keyboard. No matter which encoding we choose, it never works. Not in newly created files, and not in existing files. We always get the "unknow character"-sign (rectangle) instead. However, if an existing file already contains umlaute, then Eclipse is able to display them correctly. Only typing new ones is problematic.
Has anyone encountered this problem and knows a way around it?
Thanks for help,
Knud
Knud Möller -  Institut für Sprachliche Informationsverarbeitung,
Universität zu Köln
(Department of Linguistic Data Processing,
University of Cologne, Germany)
http://www.spinfo.uni-koeln.de/~kmoeller

Back to the top