From: Goodbye Bill [mailto:movingtomac@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:08 PM
To: List: Eclipse Core
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] M1 on OS X (Install Problems)

Andre,

I checked the logs and the first line consisted of exceptions relating
Xerces.  After checking the extensions folder, there were three jar
files
that were there:

    xercesImel.jar
    xml-apis.jar
    xmlParserAPIs.jar

I removed those three jar files and Eclipse loaded fine.  Unfortunately,
this does bring me to a question...

I am using Xerces for some of my projects.  Will I have to (or should I)
change this?  Are there problems using Xerces with Eclipse?  If there
are,
or if I should not use Xerces, what parsers are people using with
Eclipse?

...okay, three questions.  ;-)

Thanks,
"Bill"

On 7/10/03 8:33 AM, "Andre Weinand" <weinand@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Trying to install Eclipse for the first time.  I'm on an Apple
PowerBook
>> running OS X.  I'm having some problems.
>>
>> I download the M1 file (twice, so far)... Extracted it...
Double-clicked on