Re: [eclipse-dev] M1 on OS X (Install Problems)

Trying to install Eclipse for the first time.  I'm on an Apple PowerBook
running OS X.  I'm having some problems.

I download the M1 file (twice, so far)... Extracted it... Double-clicked on
the Eclipse icon.  A splash screen is displayed with the text "Completing
the install."  After a fee seconds, an error is displayed with the following
text:

    Problems during startup.  Check ".log" file in the ".metadata"
    directory of your workspace.

Unfortunately, there are no ".log" files that I can find, nor is there
anything in the Workspace directory.

Please advise,

Is there any output on the Mac OS X Console?
What Java versions do you have installed?
Do you have "xerces.jar" (or any other non-standard Java libraries) on your classpath?

--andre

Back to the top