RE: [eclipse-dev] GPL'd Plug-ins

> Again, IANAL - but putting aside the GPL/CPL issue, you generally
> do *not* have the ability to redefine the terms under which someone
> else's work is licensed.

Of course.

> The license terms do not "propagate" one way or another.

I think that's a matter of semantics.   The LGPL is an example of a
license who's terms do not require that it propagate across code
boundaries.  (Some people call it "consuming" instead of
"propagating".)  You can link an LGPL'd library into another piece of
code without the requirement that the other piece of code be LGPL'd.
That's not so with the GPL.

John

Back to the top