Re: [eclipse-dev] installation of Eclipse on SuSE 8.2 linux

For user to start up Eclipse, one thing you have to keep in mind, that user's workspace directory should be writable for this user. So for better practice, you should use -data parameter when you start up eclipse. Create a separate empty directory userworkspace under eclipse directory(or somewhere), change userworkspace to owned by the user who want to start up eclipse. Then start up eclipse like
./eclipse -data ./userworkspace. This should solve your the problem.

John Huang

Softwareverlag <softwareverlag@xxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/04/2003 09:31 AM