Re: [eclipse-dev] Global library in eclipse.. (just like JBuilder)

Thanks Scott. It did help indeed. And sorry for the spam.

On a related note, I couldn't find anything like jdt-users mailing list. I saw a newsgroup on eclipse.tools.jdt though. Do mailing lists exist for "users" or they are only for "developers" ?
thanks,
prasen

Scott Stanchfield wrote:

(You should ask questions like this on the eclipse newsgroups -- these
mailing lists are for development [of eclipse itself] discussions)

As a quick answer, I'd create a project containing the common libraries and
just have the other projects reference the common-lib project on their
classpath. You can do this by right-clicking a project that needs the common
libs, select "Java Build Path", click on the "Projects" tab, and select the
common project.

(Note that this has been previously discussed -- you can search for things
like this at eclipse.org via the "Search" link.)

Hopefully support will be added to create custom libraries (like the JDK
libraries that exist) -- I haven't seen a way to do that yet, so you need to
create a new project for each common library (set of jars/zips/paths, etc)

Hope this helps,
-- Scott