[eclipse-dev] Adding Security Features to Eclipse

I am a computer science student at Messiah College in Grantham, PA, and
as my senior honors project, I decided to add security features to
Eclipse that could be used to protect files being edited in Eclipse from
unauthorized usage, such as those containing valuable intellectual
property not intended to be shared with the public.  It is sort of along
the lines of Microsoft's Right Management Services, although not based
off that in any way.  It is based on the somewhat theoretical idea of a
secure development environment that would protect files from access
except by those programs that have security feature enabled.  I wanted to
make the Eclipse community aware of what I had done, and share my work
with anyone who might be interested.  I have no expectation of my work
being incorporated into the Eclipse code base, but I thought people might
still be interested in what I had accomplished.  If you'd like to see the
code and documentation I have for this project, reply to me letting me
know and explaining why you're interested, if you don't mind.

-Jeff Woldan

PS. I am aware of the irony of attempting to create this type of
protection in an open source program. I was mostly motivated by my desire
to work with Eclipse, and this idea for a security project was simply a
suggestion I found intriguing.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!