[eclipse-dev] Compiler warnings

Hi,

I think it is time to change the settings of the compiler for everyone. I
noticed new warnings in the latest nightly builds. They are mostly due to
unused imports. It might be a godd thing that everyone is using the
following settings:
- unused import = ERROR
- unused locals = ERROR
- non static access to static member = ERROR
- assignment has no effect = ERROR
- Using a char array in string concatenation = ERROR

This might help to reduce the number of useless warnings. It took time to
get rid of them prior to 2.1 release. So we might want to change the
settings immediately and that should prevent us from chasing them right
before the next release.

Any comment?

Olivier

Back to the top