Re: [eclipse-dev] How does Eclipse build it's build path?

Robert:

Eclipse requires you to specify the path to your libraries, jar files, in
the Project Properties | Java Build Path | Libraries tab. Most likely you
problem lies in settings in this dialog. When the wizard to create a new
project starts, it displays the Java Build Path dialog. It is possible that
you added these libraries here and do not remember this. You make have added
a Class Folder by mistake.

There are two other possibilities that I can think of. One if you are using
any other projects within this project. The "subproject" or "required"
project could be exporting a different version of this library. To check
this, go to your Project Properties | Java Build Path | Project. If you have
an addition projects selected, you need to check to see, if they export the
library in questions. To check to see what a library is exporting, we again
look at the Project Properties. Go to your Project Properties | Java Build
Path | Order and Export.

There is another possibility that I encountered. If you are using Ant, make
sure that you are not copying libraries into your bin directory by mistake.

These are the best suggestions I have, if anyone see something incorrect,
please correct me.

HTH,

Jeff Duska
IMC @ NCDC