[eclipse-dev] eclipse on os x

I would like to become a user of eclipse, as there are many useful plugins being developed. However I'm a sold Mac OS X user. On this platform, eclipse runs too slowly to be useful, and the aqua UI is in need of help. Many actions in the IDE are around a third as fast as similar actions in NetBeans. This is on a 1GHz PowerBook G4 with 1 Gig of Memory. Can anyone tell me how actively these issues are being pursued?

Noah

Noah Vihinen
Software Development Engineer
Mirror Image Internet