[eclipse-dev] PDE Core usage

For the historic reasons, we have created a less than ideal situation with
PDE component names. As a result, a number of people keep using PDE Core
component while opening defects that should not go there. Since we are in a
stage when defect traffic is high, it would help reduce it a bit by
following the simple rule:

1) If your problem is related to using PDE in any way (editors, builders,
selfhosting, importing, launching etc.), use PDE UI component.
2) If your problem is related to building plug-ins using Ant scripts, use
PDE Core components.

This will help DJ spend less time redirecting defects to us :-).

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM