Re: [eclipse-dev] J2ME development on eclipse

Wednesday, February 12, 2003, 5:14:45 AM, Thomas Sandor wrote:

> I'm new to eclipse yet, I've used Forte before. I'm learning eclipse
> features right now, but I didn't find a key how I can develop Mobile
> (MIDP/CLDC) application with eclipse. Forte e.g. has a mobile editions with
> which it's easy to create a mobile project and the libs, and VM to use to
> done.

> Could anyone give me details on how to configure eclipse for mobile
> development, or is eclipse capable of doing so at all?

Eclipse is capable of it, but what you really need is IBM WebSphere
Studio Device Developer, which has lots of tools, plugins, and
runtimes to facilitate mobile and embedded development.  There's a
free trial version available here:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/pervasive/products/wsdd/

David
--