Re: [eclipse-dev] Plugin Development Jars?

Marc,

You will be better off using PDE for this task. The main problem you are
having is that you don't have the classpath set properly for your project
so the relevant classes are not visible. If you use PDE manifest editor,
you will get the correct classpath when you add the right plug-ins in your
dependency list (most probably org.eclipse.ui in your case).

To see an example, create a new PDE plug-in project and select 'Hello,
world' template from the list. It will create a sample plug-in that uses
JFace action and therefore has the correct dependencies. Your plug-in
should be set up in a similar way.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

|         |           Marc Boorshtein   |
|         |           <mboorshtein@yahoo|
|         |           .com>             |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           12/21/2002 01:32  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  [eclipse-dev] Plugin Development Jars?                                                              |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I hope this is the right list.  I am trying to write a plugin for
eclipse, but I can't seem to get the correct jars as part of the
project.  I have a class inherit org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard, but
eclipse keeps telling me it can't find it.  I loaded the example readme
tool but it had no problems and no extra jars.  I'm really confused and
any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

--
Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@xxxxxxxxx>

#### signature.asc has been removed from this note on December 21 2002 by
Dejan Glozic

Back to the top