Re: [eclipse-dev] [eclipse-build] Build N20021205 (Timestamp: 200212050010):Compile errors in build

Do not mix PDE compile time and PDE Build (i.e. compiling from the
generated Ant script). We compile nicely at design (compile) time. It is
when the very same plug-in is submitted for build that the build script
does not add all the entries to the class path. So it is not the JDT
compiler that is the problem, it is the classpath set in the Ant script
that does not contain the required entry.

I checked this with Jim and we think that it is likely that PDE Build Ant
script is not fully honouring transitive nature of reexporting (although I
cannot claim 100% - this is just our theory :-).

Anyway, we added explicit JDT Core import back into plugin.xml, so
subsequent builds will not fail.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components