Re: [eclipse-dev] Opera/Mozilla style mouse/pen gesture recognition in Eclipse

I think this would be a great additon (as long as it is an option :), cuz
i've got addicted to Opera's gestures.

I will suggest that you at least try to adapt the gestures from either Opera
or Mozilla (I would prefer Opera) as
gestures quickly grows at you and it is hard to changes between applications
that has differnt interpretation of which gestures does what :)

For your pleasure here is Operas gestures :) (2 lines means - there are two
ways to "execute" it)

Window gestures

1. Click and hold right mouse button
2. Move the mouse in the indicated directions
3. Release the right mouse button

Reload
Up, then down

Restore or maximize window
Up, then right

Minimize
Down, then left

Create a new browser window
Down

Duplicate window
Down, then up

Close window
Down, then right
Right-left-right

Navigation gestures

These gestures are maybe the most popular ones. They go to the previous and

Press right button, click left button
Press right button, move mouse left

Press left button, click right button
Press right button, move mouse right

Go to parent directory
Up, then left

Create new, empty browser window
Double-click in workspace

Go to pre-set home page
Double-click in empty window

Link gestures

Point your mouse to a link
Click and hold right mouse button
Move the mouse in the indicated directions
Release the right mouse button

Open link in a new window in the foreground
Down

Open link in a new window in the background
Down, then up

Wheel gestures

These gestures require that you have a mouse with a wheel on it.

Scroll up and down
Roll the wheel back and forth

Jump from one window to the next
Press right mouse button, roll wheel

Zoom in and out
Press Ctrl key down, roll wheel

Move back and forth in page history
Press Shift key down, roll wheel

Panning
Click wheel, move mouse

If your mouse has three buttons but not a wheel, clicking the middle button
has the same effect as clicking the wheel.