Re: [eclipse-dev] pde and jdt need to update their about.properties files

The dynamic team conclusion was that the version in about.properties should
not be hard-coded. I merely hinted on the implementation because I noticed
that some variable parts of the text in about.properties (i.e. build
number) are already parametrized, while the version isn't and that the same
mechanism (variable substitution) should be applied for it. How this
version number is computed is up to the developers that process
about.properties content and perform variable substitution.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                      "Dean Roberts"
                      <Dean_Roberts@oti.        To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      com>                      cc:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [eclipse-dev] pde and jdt need to update their about.properties files
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      11/13/2002 11:48
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

I'm not sure I agree with the dynamic team conclusion.  Maybe it was made
in the meeting I missed.  I think the right answre to this problem is that
the about dialog populates the version number from the plugin.xml file and
not the about.properties file.

There is a bug report in regarding this issue ... I have not seen any info
added to it lately.  Andrew, do you know what is going on?

...Dean...

   dejan@xxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:                       To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   eclipse-dev-admin@ecli         cc:
   pse.org                        Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] pde
                          and jdt need to update their about.properties
                          files
   11/13/2002 11:34 AM
   Please respond to
   eclipse-dev

Done for PDE. As a meta comment (based on our dynamic team conclusions),
Platform UI should parametrize the version similarly to parametrizing the
build number (the build number in the file is showing as a replacement
variable {0}).

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                     "Dean Roberts"

                     <Dean_Roberts@oti.        To:
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                     com>                      cc:

                     Sent by:                  Subject:  [eclipse-dev] pde
and jdt need to update their about.properties files
                     eclipse-dev-admin@

                     eclipse.org

                     11/13/2002 10:51

                     AM

                     Please respond to

                     eclipse-dev

Hi folks,

Could the teams responsible for
       org.eclipse.jdt
       org.eclise.pde

Please update the version in their plugin.properties files to 2.1

Thanks

...Dean...