[eclipse-dev] Tools on the web

A re-send from the platform-core-dev mailing list for others who may be
interested....

------------------------

The Platform/Core team is actively working on a set of tools for use within
the Eclipse Platform to help us (and you) debug problems and just generally
see what is going on behind the scenes.

The first version of our "Spy" plug-in has been published to our team web
page at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-core-home/downloads/tools/org.eclipse.core.spy_1.0.0.zip

Or navigate via:
Eclipse.org -> Projects -> The Eclipse Project -> Platform -> Core ->
Development Resources -> Spies/Tools

This first version includes a text-based delta view and a resource spy
showing markers, properties, and internal flags.

Other utils which will be released soon are a graphical delta viewer, a
plug-in dependancy graph, and a general statistics viewer. We are also
working on a workspace re-builder....a tool which you can run against a
corrupt workspace and it will auto-generate your projects for you. (no more
creating your projects by hand when things go really bad)

Stay tuned to this list and the web site for updates. Please send feedback
to the platform-core-dev mailing list.

Enjoy.

Back to the top