Re: [eclipse-dev] documentation??

Phil,

Tables of contents are contributed as extension points
(org.eclipse.help.toc) and they are xml files inside the plugins (or
subdirectories of the plugins).
The main tables of contents are generated at runtime, depending on what
plugins are actually installed. You can add another doc plugin and
contribute its toc as a section of one the existing toc's, so building the
main toc's at build time is not always desireable.
While running the workbench, you can call IHelp.getTocs() to get the list
of all the tables of contents, and then process them in any way you want.

-Dorian

|         |           Phil Muldoon      |
|         |           <pmuldoon@redhat.c|
|         |           om>               |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           10/02/2002 02:01  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [eclipse-dev] documentation??                                                           |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Another related question to that, is how the table of contents for each
help section is generated. With the javascript app in the 2.0
documentation part of Eclipse website, there is a table of contents in
the left pane. In the docs.zip relevant to each extension point there is
the htm files and the images files, but no table of contents :( I wonder
if this could be included (or maybe I am completely missing it - I could
not find it in the pde docs.zip). That way perhaps a script might be
written that could crawl the contents (HTML) docs and auto generate a
single unified doc (pdf or whatever)?

Phil Muldoon
Red Hat