[eclipse-dev] Renumbering 2.0.0 to 2.1.0

Hi folks,

We are going to change the feature and plug-in ids in the 2.1 (HEAD) stream from "2.0.0" to "2.1.0".  This will mean that we will be always building drops that looks exactly like what we will eventually ship as the 2.1 release.

Specifically:
- All features will have version id "2.1.0".
- All plug-ins (and plug-in fragments) will have version id "2.1.0".
- The about information blurb for all features will read "2.1" instead of "2.0".
- The eclipse splash screen will read "2.1" instead of "2.0".

Integration builds for the 2.1 stream will continue to generate material for the Nevada test update site; the feature and plug-in versions on this update site allow exercising the update manager.

To be explicit I will make all the changes and release them to HEAD.  I will send a message when this is done.  Some time before the next integration build you will have to version ALL your plugins and release them to the HEAD stream of the map files.

...Dean...

Back to the top