Re: [eclipse-dev] Plug-in Development "enabling" on upgrade

Timothy,

A little bit of PDE user guide reading would do a lot. Read the section
about self-hosting. You will find about two styles (simple and binary
project self-hosting). If you use simple, you can enable external plug-ins
from the PDE preference pages (Target Platform). The warning message is
there to remind you that you didn't do it. In case of binary project
self-hosting, you need to import plug-ins you need into the workspace as
binary projects. This is all well explained in the User Guide.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Application Development
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

|         |           Timothy Halloran  |
|         |           <thallora@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           I.CMU.EDU>        |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           08/30/2002 02:35  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  [eclipse-dev] Plug-in Development "enabling" on upgrade                                             |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Is there a way to "enable stuff" needed for plug-in development when you
install Eclipse from scratch?

My group has to:
(1) Use the wizard to create a "junk" hello world plug-in, so we get the
"plug-ins are needed for this to compile properly, etc" dialog---then we
have to exit Eclipse (since this rarely works without an exit).
(2) Delete "junk" project
(3) Load our plug-ins from CVS

Is there a better way, via the property sheets or something, we missed?

Thanks,
Tim Halloran
Carnegie Mellon University