RE: [eclipse-dev] Major data-destroying usability bugs

All,

I am the manager for a small webpublishing group doing development using
Apache/Tomcat/Struts and Java.  We have settled on Eclipse due to its ease
of use and relative stability.  We had been using NetBeans, but abandoned it
due to the number of java exceptions that it was throwing throughout a
session.  We have found Eclipse to be extremely stable and robust for our
development needs; this, along the number of plug-ins that are being
developed by the user community has made this product very attractive to us.
I have even been able to teach new staff how to use the IDE in as little as
4 hours - and have NEVER had the problems that are indicated in this thread.
I'm not saying they don't exist, but being on the IDE for 8 or 9 hours a
day, 5 days a week, I'd have thought I'd come across them at some point.
For my $0.02, Eclipse is a great product with a great future.  Dan - just a
suggestion: Since Eclipse is an open-source product, join the community and
start submitting patches for these problems, don't just sit back and sling
arrows and expect everyone else to jump to attention.

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.