Re: [eclipse-dev] New way to do build submissions

Then I would leave it where it now is because we provide Search together
with JDT UI. Putting it into ui.map is not good because of the merging
problem.

Dani

|         |           "Dean Roberts"    |
|         |           <Dean_Roberts@oti.|
|         |           com>              |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           07/16/2002 02:03  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                       |
  |        cc:      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Erich_Gamma@xxxxxxx                                                                  |
  |        Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] New way to do build submissions                                                             |

There would be no technical problem with moving it or, in fact, creating a
new file.  The build process picks up all the *.map files in that
directory.  However, I think we want to stay away from creating a bunch of
files that only hold 1 plugin.  There are a few files like that already.

That being said, we could take a shot at organizing these files along
feature lines, however, there is feature overlap so that would not quite
work.  Also features contain too many plugins.  If we have all the plugins
in one file it will be a nightmare close to build time and lots of changes
will have to be merged.

What is the proposed location for the search plugin?

....Dean...

   "Daniel Megert"
   <Daniel_Megert@xxxxxxx>             To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:
   eclipse-dev-admin@eclipse.o         cc:        "Erich Gamma"
   rg                          <Erich_Gamma@xxxxxxx>
                                       Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev]
                               New way to do build submissions
   07/16/2002 04:32 AM
   Please respond to
   eclipse-dev

Dean,

I think we should move the Search plug-in to another map (either ui.map or
a new one: search.map). It doesn't belong to JDT UI and is currently part
of the platform feature.

Dani