Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse - JDT parsing error?

Hi Ruslan,

In fact it fails on JDK1.4 and Jikes 1.15.

FirstClass.java:11: unexpected type
required: class, package
found   : variable
                System.out.println("CONST: " +
one.InnerClass.INNER_CONSTANT);
                                               ^
1 error

It compiles fine on JDK1.3.1. I will double check if this is not a javac
bug.
In the future send your message to the eclipse newsgroup or directly open a
bug report on bugzilla.

Olivier

                      "Ruslan
                      Gainutdinov"               To:      <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      an.org>                    Subject: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse - JDT parsing error?
                      Sent by:
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      05/06/2002 03:39
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Hello!

    First I would like to thank everyone for good work. Eclise is a really
good IDE and refactoring tools is very helpfull. In fact, my colleagues at
work using JBuilder and they were impressed by Eclipse abilities.

    I think I have found a bug in JDT - java code parsing(compiling?). Here
is the example class:

=========== FirstClass.java =======

public class FirstClass {

 public static final class InnerClass {
  public static final int INNER_CONSTANT = 0;
 }

  FirstClass one = new FirstClass();
  /* The line below produces error message:
    one.InnerClass cannot be resolved or is not a field FirstClass.java */
  System.out.println("CONST: " + one.InnerClass.INNER_CONSTANT);
 }
}

Back to the top